Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 7 of Holiday Whimsey 12 Days of Christmas

Oh my gosh, Day 7!! Day 7 is ESPECIALLY fun!

So there I was working on this kit, and my daughter, Caitlin, (who is a super talented artist) came and sat next to me and she said, "Mom, I want to work on this kit with you." It brought tears to my eyes. What was it they said in the old Christmas cartoon, "And his heart grew ten sizes that day?" She has never shown any interest in my scrapbooking or style of digital art. At 17, she's her own person and I am so proud of who she has become. This meant a lot to me though.

So Caitlin designed this piece. She drew it. She chose what should be which color and texture. All I did was make it work. Today's part of Holiday Whimsey is subtitled:
Caitlin Makes Christmas

Enjoy!

LINK EXPIRED

Don't forget to visit April at Lyllahraven Designs for Day 8, meet me back here for Day 9. To check out Caitlin's regular art, she has a fan page on Facebook HERE

4 comments:

  1. My heart grew too--how wonderful!

    Thanks for the digigoodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so cute! The other day my 11 year old son saw all of my Doctor Who scrapbooking things and started planning a page... "We should put this element over here, and the pictures of us at the theater right here and the TARDIS right here"... He made his very first scrapbook page! I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand. My son will be 17 this month. Thank you both for sharing your gifts and talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is an AMAZING artist, Janece! This part is so awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete