Saturday, November 23, 2013

50th Anniversary of Dr. Who (I'm so excited!)

Update:
This was available here FREE until December 31st 2013. It was FAN ART ONLY and freely shared as such. I have discovered that it was pirated and is still being sold on certain websites, in spite of my multiple attempts to have it removed. Please DO NOT PAY for this mini kit or any of the others that were a part of this fan art blog train. Contact any of the artist designers involved and I am sure that we will be happy to work with a fellow Whovians to get you a FREE mini kit. It's art, and it's a celebration. It was meant to be shared, and to keep in accordance with what the BBC allows so that no copyright infringement would occur AND in the sense of community, unselfishness and wonder that Dr. Who has always fostered and inspired.




Dr. Who is a phenomenon. Everyone who has ever enjoyed the show seems to have their favorite incarnation, or version, of The Doctor. I remember staying up past my bedtime as a child to watch the show with my mother when Tom Baker was sporting the famous long scarf!

The Doctor shows us that we should never be alone. It isn't healthy to dwell too much on things that happened in our past. He teaches us to explore, to learn, to jump in and swim and that it's okay to be afraid. One simply puts on a brave face and opens the next door just the same. He has proven that you don't have to have muscles, or be pretty to save the world, nor do you have to be ugly or scary to be a villain. He taught me to be observant, to be kinder to machines, to accept that the unknown might really be known just not yet understood, that trust has to be unconditional and that people tend to see only what they want to see in other people. So look deeper.

Obviously I have had a love of Dr. Who that has lasted for many years, and the things that I have enjoyed in the program have evolved as I have matured. Clearly my fangirl squeals are contagious, because my husband and children are now Dr. Who fans as well. My two older sons watch it with their wives, and our teenagers join my husband and I for every episode.

I was thrilled to be invited to join and contribute my FAN ART in the form of a digital scrapbooking mini-kit for personal use only. You can scrap those pictures of everyone gathered at your house to watch the 50th Anniversary Episode: Day of the Doctor! :)

Here is my portion, just click the preview below to download.

Here is a layout I made with my mini. 
Yes, I did make my husband a scarf like Tom Baker wore when he was the 4th Doctor. 

LINK EXPIRED

Thank you for joining us in an effort to celebrate Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary! Please remember: All kits included in this blog train are Personal Use Only and are strictly WORKS OF FAN ART. No part of any of these kits are to be sold or traded for monetary gain.

Here is a list of the rest of the stops on this journey of Whovian adventures. 
Have fun using this free fan art to scrap your family enjoying watching Dr. Who together.

Janece Scraps <-- You are here! 
Psephi's Creative Corner

One of my sweet fans shared that Craft Button Designs also has a Dr. Who kit to give away also. Please remember that this is not a regular part of our "blog" train so once you click her link, you will go to Facebook instead of a blog. She does have the link on her page to get you back to here to my blog, though, and I have ALL of the links on my Facebook page if you get too lost! Enjoy!
Craft Button Designs

23 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm getting a 404 Not Found. I hope it's up and running by the time I get home from the screening today- there's a lot of beautiful elements there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I'm also getting the error message... I'll stop back by later! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here :(
    I love it and will definitely come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still getting a 404 Error :( Beautiful work though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am apparently having some internet issues! My husband and I ARE working on it. This will be up sometime today, somehow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I switched the download elsewhere temporarily while I fix the other issues! I apologize for the problems this morning! I will check back in an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much!!! Good luck with your tech-y issues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this blog train and your kit! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the theme! Just went through the train after watching the 50th anniversary special! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! I love your portion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your terrific portion in this awesome blog train!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Janece, looking forward to scrap with this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for your awesome portion of the blog train! I'm a HUGE Whovian so this bt is a dream come true!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merci beaucoup!!!! Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous idea and a great kit - thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your contribution looks so gorgeous. So sorry to hear that pirates were pinching these gifts you created. My children recently got into Dr Who and I'm browsing. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well the nerve of people - however I am very willing to work with all the lovely people who did this blog hop - I certainly would have downloaded and thanked everyone for all the wonderful work. Our whole family are huge Dr Who fans, I just did a card in a box in the Dr Who theme and sure would have loved to use all these wonderful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I wonder if you can help me. This is Susan Godfrey from Susan Godfrey Designs. I did a free mini kit for the Doctor Who blog train. My computer crashed a while back and I would really like to find a copy of the kit I created for this train. I was wondering if by chance you might have a copy? If so, can I get a copy of it from you? I appreciate it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete